Tuesday, March 20, 2012

W3EDP Antenna

As part of this QRP kick, I needed to upgrade my main HF antenna. Due to things needing to fit into the yard nicely, I chose the W3EDP antenna. Its basically a Zepp. Got it strung up a couple of weekends ago. I'll leave further explaination of the antenna to Google. ;)





In the last pic, the insulators are just weights to put a little tension on the 17' ladder line section. This servers two purposes, first to "steer" it away from the metal flashing on the edge of the shack roof, and second, to help create a drip loop for rain, which worked well last weekend!

The W3EDP needs a resonant Z-match tuner. (Emtech ZM-2, for instance.) I instead decided to build one like this: http://www.qsl.net/wb3gck/zmatch.htm

Almost done with it:


No comments:

Post a Comment